Sunday, August 06, 2006

self doubt....is good

when i doubt myself i actually challenge myself...it is good....so if i am going through a bout of self doubt more often than not i will spring up and do far better than what would be expected otherwise. i think i am havinng self doubts right now ;-)

objectives do not need to be same for synergy to be seen amongst people....there can be many different objectives of different individuals in pursuing an activity, cause. However what is needed is a scenario of no conflicting objectives for the synergy to happen.

stretching things 'too far'........ that in normal understanding of the english language would mean distorting the picture....however stretching things to smoothen the surface (just like a crumpled bed sheet) does not distort anything rather it makes it conducive for analysis, ponder.....and better action...... so its a good idea to stretch things once in a while......

saw a movie...wont name it.....made me realize where i might be heading.....right movie to watch at the right juncture in life....IGC.......for people who really know their MOVIES

these are some diverse and incoherent thoughts that were floating in my mind....now i can watch Larry King and sleep.... :-)

~kash

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good work! but c, self-doubt discourages me many times although not all the time...as simple as when i check my grade in a particular course before taking another exam...lets say i didn't do as well as i hoped for, then i not only doubt myself but also put my confidence at stake to perform well in the next one...so, i usually don't check my xam grades until I put ALL of them behind me!!!

but,it all depends on how a person takes it...what often challenges me even more is when others doubt me..nd thats when I get into the full swing to show what I am capable of doing as well...

well, just sharing what came to my mind when i read this....made me ponder upon it..thanks!

Keep it up!

Priyanka

ifeel said...

completely agree with u on the timing of self doubt..good nuance to the equation that i missed..yes..if the self doubt is at the wrong time it can have adverse effects....

....now i know what i need to do to get u to perform better than ur normal....doubt ur abilities..;-)

Pratik said...

wow... that's a lot of analysis you are doing these days... Rajendra Pawar se baat karni padegi. Looks like he ain't keeping you busy enough!!!

ifeel said...

:)..haan tell him to take me in some of his 'strategic' initiatives

Anonymous said...

I agree that self doubt is good. One only doubts oneself when one knows that his/her potential is far more than what he/she is doing at the moment. However, too much self doubt can be disastrous in my opinion. I should be able to recognise and pat myself on the back for times when i have in my own estimation, succeeded in life. Too much self doubt will not allow that.

On synergy, what you have said is the key...if a team with conflicting objectives comes together for a common purpose, it will be very difficult to achieve the purpose (evident in sports). Whats needed for synergies is conflicting (expand service portfolio) / complementary (rule the market) abilities and skills. Thats the main attraction of all Mergers & Acquisitions as well!

This post made me think of whatever you had said from various angles - self, family, work and friends.

Nice thoughts!